Guestbook

- -

Where you end up depends on where you choose to go

Friday, June 08, 2007

Je ne veux pas travailler....

That is actually not right. I really like my work here, don't even know why....it's an average job in a canteen with lots of grease, cleaning, food preparation, cooking and serving- but I'm lovin it =) Especially because I am the supervisor- HEHE- and even more important, because I have such a good partner, Sonja, a columbian girl who shows me a lot of south-american mentality- and I'm also lovin it =) We have lots of fun together and I honestly don't mind working at all. I'm surprised myself because every job always gets annoying at some stage...thinking of my CAREER in the e-center :-P where everything over 4 hours was a pain...but here I work mondays and tuesdays after uni from 1 to 8:15 and the time always flies by. That's awesome and I get paid well, too. I can't complain... I guess you just have to be willing to do jobs that might involve scrubbing pans, sweeping the floor and that sort of stuff...and I am, especially since I was a backpacker desperate looking for jobs.

Even if I have all the responsibility, Sonja and me are a great team and I'm actually not using my position as her supervisor and we share all the work and swap the tasks....e.g. cutting a whole bucket of lettuce...that is A LOT.



As our manager is a chef she has really good knives- she's actually from Austria (told ya, Europeans are EVERYWHERE) , and when I say, really good, then I mean freakin absolutely hypersharp....no joke....they are killermachines AND they are in clumsy Anna's hands....even worse LOL. One day when our manager Andrea was about to leave, she saw me cutting...you should have seen her face :-OOOO "Annaaaaaaaaaaaa, NEVER EVER EVER EVER let your finger point towards the knife....always make a claw and hide your finertips in the salad..." Well, that day I got a lesson how to hold a knife and how to cut professionally. We are improving from week to week AND get injured from week to week :-> cuts and burns are part of our income there ;) Once I only slightly touched my finger with the knife, I didn't even put pressure on- LUCKY ME- and I cut through the glove and through my fingernail into my finger....not too bad but f****** shocking because if I had pushed the knife down really hard, my finger would be elsewhere now, but not on my hand ;)

That's "little" columbian Sonja...she is a journalist and came over to improve her English and enjoy Australia. To learn all the grammar in every day life I correct her and sometimes go like "Awesome story but now the same again in past tense" :) something she doesn't really like....it's soo amazing how much she improved in such a short period of time. That's because she is not afraid and talks to the customers and just applies the language all day long, thats great. She is awesome anyway!
Ok that was the story about Sonja and Anna making friends with the lettuce and the knife :)

No comments: