Guestbook

- -

Where you end up depends on where you choose to go

Friday, July 23, 2010

Worried? Yes!

So, monday it is, the start of my 5 week placement at the musculo skeletal/ sports physio clinic at UQ uni. Well, and it is said to be a tough one. Thats ok, im up for a challenge, we are here to learn BUT i think this one is gonna be REALLY tough. There has been people failing, in the last one there were some that just scraped thru, tears, nasty facebook entries about how bad it is, warning messages from people who have been....oh dear. The worst thing tho is the faces from people when they ask where u are next...its this OMG-face, big eyes, pity...with a "oh no u will be fine" after the first reaction with a face that could tell stories. Anyway, here a message from a friend who just finished it....

Hey guys!

I'm writing to apologise to you in advance about what you are going to experience for the next couple of weeks. I have struggled in the UQ MS prac and have written some God-awful chart entries. Unfortunately you guys have inherited some of my patients and will have to dig through the aforementioned charts to work out what the f*ck I was doing/thinking, and there is a definite possibility that you won't be able to do either of those things. After a couple of weeks you will understand that when you have 5 charts to write at 4:30, you just write nonsense and nobody really reads it. The same will go for my beloved transfer summaries for today. They will be woeful. Give me a call if you need an adequate explanation from an "Adequate" (hopefully) student. Rest up this weekend, gather your thoughts, muster some courage and good luck with it.

Yes I am worried, I havent revised much at all....I probably should have, damn, but u just need to get the educator on your side and just say YES MA'M to EVERYTHING. NEVER EVER dare to say anything against, no BUTS, just do EXACTLY what they tell you, even if you have learnt something different. Its WRONG. Thats what sucks because for physio there is never one way of doing things/approaching problems, there are a million ways to treat a patient and it just sucks big times that you have to do it exactly how your educator wants it even if you have learnt a better way by now from other physios in other placements, well we have to kiss their a**** which i HATE but oh well. We have this one educator who came from america and he thinks he is god, i hope i dont get him cos i cant STAND him, the way he talks and looks at you if you try and answer his question, *shiver*
BUT i try and do what i ususally do, and thats my OWN THING. do not get influenced too much by what the others said because everyone's perception is different so I will from my own opinion but I am quite worried I have to admit. Sam who just finished too said that our first week is crazy busy, a LOT of patients booked in. I wonder how I will like musculo skeletal because thats the one everyone THINKS they like it the best because thats what everyone understands of physio but its a complicated one as well apparently. 5 weeks! thats it. TSCHAKAAA!

No comments: