Guestbook

- -

Where you end up depends on where you choose to go

Friday, June 18, 2010

bye my beloved kids






















Tracey was one of my major patients and I got her from being on crutches, not being able to TOUCH her leg or move in any manner from below knee to WALK WITHOUT crutches, her calf is something she has to work on from now on so she is able to walk on tippy toes and jump properly but how awesome is that? We said goodbye to crutches on Thursday, she had them for a few months....awesome. She was the patient with CRPS, that chronic pain disorder syndrome. I did an amazing job with her, so my supervisor, so proud of myself cos in my first session she started crying when we only attempted to touch her foot, and I was quite intimidated by her presentation but we got there in the end. JUHU.

so happy....and it was so sad to leave :( she made me a card last week and yesterday she gave me a big present, everything wrapped up and another card, so lovely. ohhhhhhhh thats one hard thing, saying bye to patients. Also my two bomb boys, I gave them my email because I wanna know how they are going. I saw them from day one post explosion, when they were hardly responsible and did some chest physio with me half unconscious and yesterday both boys, BOTH, on crutches in the gym and we were doing heaps of stuff. So cool, was such a long path till here and they still have such a long road to walk. Wow, love that job! So relieved I did pass that placement tho, because it was SHITLOADS of work, so busy during the day, coming in early and leaving late due to paperwork and research and extra study at night and weekends....BÄH....

I passed well, got good comments, good constructive feedback regarding my weaknesses. Paeds is definitely something I will consider for my career, the last 2 placements werent that flash but this one cld be my direction. The other girl in my department didnt pass, so that was quite sad, cos became really good friends with her :( I have 5 weeks non-immersion ie 3 weeks uni and daily clinical visits and 2 weeks off EEEAAASSYYY PEASY. hello life,I got u back, haha =)

No comments: