Guestbook

- -

Where you end up depends on where you choose to go

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

My jobs in January

After Ryan left, I worked as a service hostess at the convention ELTEC in Nürnberg

After that I was in Munich for the annual meeting of Siemens and its shareholders. I had to stand on the grandstand in the huge olympic hall.

That was my view and I had to listen to all the boooooooooooring stuff about the siemens company, me, who is not interested in that sort of stuff at all and only understood half of what they said. My duty was to wait if there is a special voting. If there WAS one, i would have had to go down, get the boxes, come up again and collect the ballot papers but in the end we were literally STANDING there from 8am to 7pm not doing ANYthingj, just being present and smiling at people. Was super boring. We did things like counting how many people fell asleep, which was hilarious, because there were quite a few, every 3rd at some stage, lol...I told you, it was boring bla bla articualted in such a monotonous and non-enthusiastic voice. Oh well, it was a good experience though and I could combine it with visiting my aunty and uncle and indulge her awesome food, Danke Tantchen =)


The top of my career as a hostess was the employment at mattel for the biggest international toy fare in Nürnberg. I had to go through two castings, one even in Frankfurt and after I made the "recall" ;) and even the "re-re-call" I finally got the contract for 9 days. Awesome money and a very new experience for me.

I had to demonstrate toys, "hot wheels" cars and race tracks. Was quite cool considering that "normal" people cant even get into that fare because the toys only gonna be produced in autumn this year. My racetrack was the ONLY ONE- handmodel- worth 30,000 $- in the world, good that they told me that after because I wouldnt say I treated it perfectly softly, I was concentrating on the speed, action, crashing cars and the longest jump in the hot wheels history. Lucky me, I didnt have to spent 9 hours a day in glittery, pink and shiny Barbie world but had lots of action and fun demonstrating and explaining it to business men from all over the world, I honestly havent heard that many languages at once. To complement the field staff that were German, Austrian, Swiss, French, Belgium, Dutch, Danish, Bulgarian, Polish, Hungarian, Russian, Romanian, American, Asian etc....I was sometimes doing a German and English presentation at once...hui...that was complicated but altogether lots and lots of fun. Wanna do it next year again, its great to not be nervous anymore when talking in front of people, I had to do my presentation in front of up to 20 people sometimes, people in suits...I didnt care, haha, I was concentration on my awesome cars and was hoping to wake the little boys in them, which usually worked HAHA .... Männer..... LOL

No comments: