Guestbook

- -

Where you end up depends on where you choose to go

Friday, June 22, 2007

done, finito, ferdisch- WOOHOOOO!!!!

I still kinda can't believe it but I did it, that was my first semester on the University of Queensland in Brisbane and I think I passed everything....of course I have to wait for the results but I think I did quite well in most of them :) I'm actually proud of myself, I honestly thought I will struggle much more...but I work really hard, I guess twice as hard as I thought it would be. In my Psyc exam I could tell that it wasn't in my mother tongue because the sentences were so complicated sometimes that I had to read over a couple of times and there were also a few words I didn't know the very exact meaning of what in that exam- multiple choice- was kind of important. Sometimes when I read through the answers I thought "Dooo" for me they all mean the same....ok Anna, just read it again and look for this little tricky difference that will lead you to the answer, you won't trick me.... Eventually I could answer everything, even if I had to guess sometimes, but hey, nobody is perfect, right? The fact, that I would be finished after that, made my excitement exploding so that my concentration was fading and fading and....party tonight....woooooohoooooooo...and fading and GONE ;) alright, I raised my arm and handed my papers in. DONE! Lets get outta here....GOOOOOOO! There's something else I wanted to tell you what was quite impressive for me. In this hall, there were over 1000 students.....it took me a while to find my seat and then you could only see scared faces all around you. It was just massive. Probably something very common for you who have studied a while but for me it was something new :-O I nearly could smell the intelligence and clever thoughts, floating around with the desperation and heavy breath of some others..... ROFL

After the exam I went to Kelly's (yellow jumper) place in a college and we just did....what do you reckon....NOTHING, NIENTE, NISCHTS....Sara came over, we were even too lazy to cook, thus bought Pizza, put our legs up and watched DVD without any thinking :) It took us a while to defrost because as soon as we were sitting we were kinda restless because we felt guilty and like rushing back home to study.

In the evening we went to Sara's place and guess what, we had a BBQ. Sounds normal, well, remember that I told you that it's unusual cold here at the moment? Didn't really matter, you can't keep Aussies inside, they HAVE to be outdoors and consequently we had our sausages, cold drink- HAHA- while bibbering :) Still quite enjoyable and at some stage we went inside- Thank God =) And they all wonder why I'm cold, as a German but the answer is simple: when it gets that cold back home we just don't go outside or easily heat the room we are in....on the pic above it's Sara, Mischa, Kelly, Anna and Martha! We had such a great night together- fantastic =)

Well Sara, not too sure what to write here actually......hm....suits you :-P

HIHI picture SMILE

I thought I'd be smashed after two drinks because I haven't drunk in sooooooooooooo long but I was pretty surprised. We had shit loads of drinks and also mixed quite through, ended up with Tequila shots but as the picture tells you 'still standin' LOL

A nice picture of my lovely girls sara, kelly and martha and NOT me :-/hello mr double chin, "so rovery to scheee you again" well you can't be pretty all the time, hay ;)

That's Sara's housemate, Sane, not too sure about the spelling - oops. The moustache kind a suits him, doesn't it? We went to a Belgium Cafe where they sell all sorts of beer, see, it does have a froth. Aussies usually don't have any froth on top of their beers- pf- you still gotta learn a LOT about beer and the RIGHT way to drink it HAHA come to the Oktoberfest.... This picture is a bit scarry I think? Don't I look really old here? Wuaaahhhhh....so neat and...mature......urgggggg :) I think I need to cut my hear, need something more fancy I think. That's a bit boring and.....I don't know. I guess most of you guys are thinking "oh well, finally she IS crazy" right now, don't you ;)

and here it's Sara with her other flatmate next to her, Marc. He has been to Germany for an exchange and hence can speak a bit of German. One of the other guys looked up a sentence once "Wo ist denn der ganze Käse geblieben" - don't ask why...might become handy at some stage???? CRAZY! And then Marc tried to explain him something about that, that I didn't even understand or haven't heard of? It was hilarious to listen, though! You did well, guys! Sara, you don't have to hold onto that beer that hard, nobody will steel it, relax :-P

Thanks guys for the awesome night, it was soooooooo good and thanks for letting me crush on your sofa- it was perfect. Hopefully we can repeat that at some stage and next time I can cook you some winter- food that suits to the season, where we don't have to freeze our bottoms off outside :) Also, enjoy your holidays!!! We sooo derserve it *thumbs up*

No comments: