Guestbook

- -

Where you end up depends on where you choose to go

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Yummy- lecker schmecker

When Ryan was in Germany last year my mum and me showed him what a long night with lots of different food around a raclette- grill means- with a sceptical face and probably thinking "crazy germans" he turned out to be the biggest raclette-lover ever :-P Well, now I am here in Australia and I searched the WHOLE internet but couldnt even find anything similar :( Actually wanted my mum to buy one and send it over ;) One day, however, I looked through the aldi magazine- yes we do have aldi here with many german products- and there....it was......raclette, i couldnt believe my eyes :) no question, ryan was one of the first customers who entered the store on that special morning and now we can have a real raclette here in down under- how coool is that?? you only start to appreciate things when you cant get it and thus our both excitement was quite big =)

The first free evening was used for a raclette night and we had EVERYthing, we could actually live from all these things for more than a week nearly. But a real raclette needs a big choice to be able to get really creative....my speciality, hay?! And apparently Ryan's as well, he had a double decker with egg and two pans and...kinda complex ;) He will impress you when he is coming over to Germany one day.

Speaking of things you cant get, check this out.... I went into that Deli shop the other day and then something was calling my name "here, look at me, I'm real, heeere" it looked like a proper bread, it smelled like a proper bread, it actually WAS a GERMAN rye bread, it eventually was bought by a proper bread lover and it turned out to taste like proper bread....... STUNNED! That was kinda exciting for me again :) Might be boring for you because it seems to be the most common thing in the world- bread- but not for me in a country like this: bread = wobbly, soft, white toast that wouldnt fill me up after 5 slices :-P It was soooo good, fresh dark bread with a crust, butter and honey-yummooooo!! You may think I'm crazy, hay? Well, that's me, A-N-N-A =)


No comments: