Guestbook

- -

Where you end up depends on where you choose to go

Thursday, April 05, 2007

The exam with my friends


That's Kelly, one of the really nice girls I'm hanging out with most of the time and making laugh quite often because I still mix up the "v" (with teeth) and "w" (without teeth) so that a "veine" or "version" could sound quite funny if I say it :) Here we did our last preparations because the exam didn't start until 3pm.

I so had to take a picture of this guy........nuh just kidding :) ..........of this bird, they are walking around everywhere on the campus and always wanna steel your food, they even jump up the table when you leave your lunch unattended. Sometimes ducks or other funny birds are crossing the paths as well. They have these hilarious signs on the roads sometimes here in Australia like our "watch out for wildlife- crossing" but with four little ducks waddling in a row....hang on, I found a pic


one of my other masterpieces in bodypainting ....

It's Good Friday now, meaning,the exam is ooooooover and I've got 10 days off- wooohooo =) Well, how was it?? I've never had such a stressfull exam in my LIFE. It was really scarry, don't really wanna think back actually. To give you an impression of the venue: about 140 1st year physios wearing their white labcoats, pretty much the same colour in their faces and shaky hands were randomly distributed to the different stations in this huge room with this long continous benches labelled with the stations, including 3 rest stations and arrows for walking directions. We got the test sheetSSSS (it was a little booklet of 8 or so pages) with 110 questions refering to 55 stations with different specimes of my friends :), models and a couple of theory questions. We obviously had two circles to get every one doing the exam at the same time. So everybody was standing in front of his station and then this bloody scarry bell rang the first time and "the games began": everybody was bending down to his muscle, bone, brain or whatever it was (Sara actually told me today that once she didnt even know from which part of the body the specimen was and then after she overcame the first shock she has never been that relieved and excited to see a penis *lol* you gotta use every hint and she finally knew, alright it probably doesn't make any sense to think about any shoulder muscles any more- funny) and tried to identify the pinned part and subsequently answer the 2nd question. You basically really had to know what you are looking at STRAIGHT away because the clock was ticking continuosly. So i identified many things and could answer many questions as well but now with hindsight I notice more and more ("levity-") mistakes and there were a few things where I really had to guess, like once there was a THING coming out medially to the axilla...nerve, tendon, veine, arterie....nooo clue and we weren't allowed to touch to feel the difference. It was really full on because one minute is like nothing and as soon as you didnt know the name, like me, from a special tuberosity of a bone straight away, that's it because trying to come up with it while the seconds are running by is nearly impossible and you think and think and think and try to press the right information out of your brain and then "RRRRIIING" Fuuck... next one and you soo had to just forget it and concentrate on the new one otherwise you are gooooooooone. Under a very high tension we went through the whole circle, got a minute to overlook 110 questions (you must be kidding me....) "everybody finished?" general "no" alright we are collecting - HAHAHAHA! I can tell you, that was the quickest hour in my entire life. I was really exhausted after that because it was lika a million degrees hot, everybody was sweating like a pig, we were all blushed as, red eyes and I had headaches as well due to no air plus the smell of my friends. After we found out that the failing rate is usually up to two third, we all only wanna pass, and so do I. I actually should have 50% right it just feels like I have soo much wrong but considering there were 110 questions that should be alright- HOPEFULLY :) wait and see! Even if I could have performed better, I am more than happy that it is over because I spend a hell of time for studies. Considering though that this is all new for me, different system of uni even if I haven't even studied back home :-P, another language, different culture and way of life plus a very sophisticated course, I shouldn't put my goals too high I guess?? Just have to await. Keep your fingers crossed for me :)

No comments: