Guestbook

- -

Where you end up depends on where you choose to go

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Australian Championships 2007
























Ryan jump serving and blocking

This weekend there was only one thing on the schedule: Australian Champs in Surfers. The qualifications started on Friday. Both Ryan& Beanie as well as Midge&Mandy had to go the long way through the loosers bracket. They completed great games but unfortunately they lost the final decisive one, that would have brought them to the main draw on the next day- unlucky guys. The dissappointment was big so we all went shopping and having a coffee, ice-cream.... ;) For me it was a great day on the beach WITH MY OWN CAMERA again. It took me a while to find out the right timing but I get used to it. Maybe I can play there one day, but as a non-Australian it's not that easy.




































Mandy passing and Midge running to a great dig

my beloved sea ;)
























Beanie, one of the other guys I'm living with jump serving and hitting


Isn't that awesome???? I love it!!!

Guess what, I met other Germans again. That's unbelievable....they are everywhere :) I was watching a game and then I asked the ref where he's from because I could hear he was not Australian. He said he was from Melbourne......oops wrong guess Anna....but with German backround....uhh there we are, I knew it :) He came over 5 years ago. I asked him how everything happened: he was supposed to stay here for holidays and then another month, another month....another half a year...he kinda got stuck here. Now he's married and Australian citizen. Before that he lived in South America in Venezuela for a while and he said, from his experience, Australia is the best country to live in =) Beanie must be right with teaching me that sentence *lol* And again he told me that I don't sound German AT ALL- scoooore, that's what I want- as we were talking in English.



No comments: