Guestbook

- -

Where you end up depends on where you choose to go

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Some words to my workplace

As you could see at the pictures I am working at a cantine in the TAFE uni. I have to do pretty much everything, unsupervised ;) The main task is easy: run the place properly, so my partner, an Asian girl and me tidy and clean up, of course serve people, fill everything up and prepare everything for the next day, take our kids like the scallops and several different rolls to a swim in the fat-sea :) meaning prepare the food, look funny with our hat =) ... that sort of stuff. You know what? When I cleaned the place the first time it nearly felt like meeting my old long-haired friend, the mop and his mate the bucket again *lol* as you all know, I was very close to them while I was in Adelaide last year when I was working for my accomodation and thus had to clean bathrooms every single morning. So all in all I actually really like the work because we are responsible for ourselves and just do the things we think have to be done and it's very varied. I'm working Mondays and Tuesdays after uni from 2 to 8:15. So I start my week with two big days- try to train Monday morning as well... I will see how that works. Next Monday my course starts....I am pretty excited :) I think I've mentioned it already, I discovered another German- not very unusual I know- my boss =) I heard it from the first time I've talked to her but I didn't say anything in the first place. Now we sometimes talk in German and sometimes in English. It's funny because we both don't notice anymore in what language we are actually speaking so it happens every now and then that we talk German to the others as well who, of course, only response with a strange look on their face :-P

No comments: