Guestbook

- -

Where you end up depends on where you choose to go

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Australia's best Beach Volleyball Player



Last weekend with the Australian Championsh was pretty exciting for me. I loved watching all the guys. On Friday, as I've already told you, I watched Midge& Mandy as well as Beanie& Ryan in the qualifications and kept my fingers crossed that they would get through the main draw. Unfortunately they both had a tough games and we all came back as visitors on Saturday.



Brink and Diekmann close as.... :) it was funny for me to hear all the German calls in the game again and then I could even listen in the time outs. They won the tournament like every other event they've played in Australia. But I have to mention that Australia's first team Josh Slack- Midge's husband- and A. Schacht couldn't play due to injuries. Ze Germans ;) played really good Volleyball . The 2nd German women's teams was knocked out before the semis. I just noticed that I can't find the pictures of them....that's weird :(











This is Summer Lochowicz hitting and her partner Nicole Sanderson- she retired after that comp though- and Thamsen Barnett and Natalie Cook. They are all famous names in the international Beach Volleyball scene, both in the World Tour and several Olympic Games. Cook actually won Gold in Sydney...











Gold medaillist Natalie Cook digging a ball with a great move






































The blond girl hitting, Alice Rohkamper, is the World Champion U21, she is only 18/19 and plays like a gun :-O. Two days ago the AIS- squad (Australian Institute of Sports) was training on the court next to us....wicked =)


No comments: