Guestbook

- -

Where you end up depends on where you choose to go

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

My first weekend back in Oz

There was a QVA (Queensland Beahvolleyball Tour) event on the Sunshine Coast last weekend and I indeed got a partner. Didnt expect that my "integration into the beachvolleyball world" would happen that fast- wicked =) My original partner couldnt play and thus I played with Liz. We became 9th from 15 teams but the double elimination kicked us out. Didnt play too well but regarding that I havent played beach for ages and we havent even meet each other- we actually met on court, funny situation- we did quite well and I am more than happy that I've met her as she is really really nice. She is working for the foundation office of University of Queensland. You remember I would have had to do that foundation year originally, didnt know that they will offer me a spot in such a eminently respectable program straight away- lucky me :) But again, thats a funny coincidence.
Ryan and the other volleyball guys (Beannie and Hubbie, the flatmates, play beach, too) train at Sandstorm, kinda Beachvolleyball academy or club. I trained with them a few times now but yesterday I was at uni for a getting-started-session and trained with Liz there. It's so good to know people everywhere, really helps you to get the most out of your life. For me for instance that I have different options where I can train. Yesterday in training we were 6 people including coach ad 4 werent Australian. I love this meeting people from ALL OVER THE WORLD, awesome!


Ryan and his partner

Broadbeach, the shore as far as you can see- lovely. Does anybody recognize that place? The last time I was here I took similar photos from the awesome appartement we had on the 10th floor or something


just some action photos


Ryan is just black...but even he got burned, well not using sunscreen is not the smartest decision on a hot weekend as it was, it was freakin' hot.

@ volleyballer: you know that guy in the red singlet? He's actually German and lives only 20 km from Nuernberg and he played ebf two years ago, isn't that amazing? his name is Stefan and he played with Erik in Germany and once with Ryno here in Australia AND believe it or not, Ryan met Erik in Germany at a beach comp, it was funny when we closed the circle in our conversation and eventually found out we all know each other. What an coincidence, I couldnt believe it... it's not that you meet somebody in another town, no, on the other side of the world- uhm hello?? But in fact I did think I knew that face but didn't really consider that I might meet a German guy that played the same Beachvolleyballtour in Germany....see, you should trust these weird feelings in your gutt, they're usually right.

Stefan defending

you see the skyscrapers directly at the beach? That's Surfers Paradise


I did use sunscreen but apparently not enough?!?? I have to admitt that I forgot my feet, they were burned as...but on my legs I had these funny red spots, that was weird and hurt. An Aussie told me: the sun will find every single spot you only neglected a little bit or even forgot to cream, that was right. This time's victims were obviously my feet, legs, back and EARS, meanwhile they're pealing- oops. Well I know better now and will see if I am a cooked crab after the coming weekend again. Hopefully not. I will take care

No comments: